Registration, leave of absence, return to school, expulsion, readmission, classes and credits
- Students must register as prescribed during the course completion. If he/she does not acquire the prescribed credits within the course completion period, he/she must register until he/she acquire the unacquired credits.
2. Tuition Fee
- Students must pay the tuition fee within the registration deadline set by the dean of the graduate school every semester, and details regarding tuition refund are separately determined.
3. Leave of Absence
- When a student is unable to take more than a quarter of semester's class days due to illness or other unavoidable reasons, he/she may submit a request for leave of absence and obtain permission from the dean of the graduate school to take a leave of absence.
4. Leave of absence period
- Leave of absence may be taken in the unit of 1 year or 1 semester, but the period of leave of absence shall not exceed two years (4 semesters) for master's program, three years (6 semesters) for doctoral program.
- The period of absence from school due to military service shall not be counted as a leave of absence. However, long-term service workers who have completed their mandatory military service must submit a certificate of service once a year to receive an extension of their leave of absence.
- A person who enlists in the military while attending school may take a leave of absence by submitting a request for leave of absence with an active duty enlistment order attached.
- In the case of a leave of absence due to overseas dispatch, transfer, internship, etc., if the dean of the graduate school permits, the period of leave of absence specified in Paragraph 1 is not included.
5. Return to school
- Applicants who have completed the leave of absence must submit the request for return within 30 days of the start of each semester and obtain permission from the dean of the graduate school.
6. Expulsion and Re-admission
- If a student does not register within the prescribed period, he/she will be expelled.
- If a student who has been expelled according to the preceding paragraph intends to re-admit the school, the president may grant permission only once if there are remaining seats.
7. Change of major
- Change of major is limited to within the same department within 2 semesters, and only credits from common courses are recognized, and change of major can be permitted. However, in the Department of Medicine and the Department of Korean Medicine, a cross-change between the basic major and the clinical major is not permitted.
- Those who wish to dropout must follow the prescribed procedures.
9. Academic year
- The academic year at this graduate school is 2 years for the master's degree program and 3 years for the doctoral degree program. However, the academic year of the Department of medicine, Korean medicine, medical science, pharmacy, and doctoral degree programs is 2 years, and the academic year and enrollment limit for the combined degree program (MD-Ph.D) is determined by the president. (Revised 2013.10.30.)
- For those enrolled in the Bachelor/Master's program, the academic year is 1.5 years (3 semesters), and the limit of enrollment is 2.5 years (5 semesters).
- Students enrolled in the combined master's/doctoral program shall have four academic years (8 semesters) and eight years of enrollment. However, the academic year of the Department of Pharmacy is 3 years (6 semesters), and the academic year is 5 years.
- Subjects in the class for students are established according to a prescribed curriculum, and graduate students select courses under the guidance of the head professor.
11. Credit Recognition
- The credits acquired in the degree program of domestic and foreign graduate schools or the credits acquired before expulsion by re-admission graduates may be approved by the graduate school head within the limit of 1/2 of the credits completed for each course upon the recommendation of the head professor.
12. Completion credits
- The minimum number of credits a student must acquire for each course is as follows.
- Master's program: 24 credits
- Doctoral program: 36 credits
- Integrated Master's and Doctorate Programs: 54 credits
- The number of credits required for accreditation of completion of the graduate school's combined degree program (MD-Ph.D) is determined separately
13.Credits and evaluation for each semester
- A student cannot take more than 9 credits each semester. However, medical and medical science departments can apply for up to 12 credits, including research credits.
- Students enrolled in similar majors or other majors may separately apply for designated courses regardless of the preceding paragraph.
- Among graduates of the Department of Pharmacy at Gachon University, students who complete the combined master's and doctoral course in connection with the Department of Pharmacy can register for up to 12 credits if they register for both graduate school courses and the undergraduate.
- The grade, score, and GPA of academic performance shall be determined separately.
14. Accredited credits
- GPA 2.0 or higher must be obtained for each subject, and GPA 3.0 or higher must be obtained for completion.